LEGION FOR THE SURVIVAL OF FREEDOM, Inc.
P.O. Box 1306, TORRANCE, CA 90505
July 6, 1979
Pursuant to Article II, Section 7 of the Bylaws of the Board of Directors of this Corporation, a special meeting was called for 10:00 A.M., this date, at the registered office of the Corporation, room 5, 24433 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance, California.
Directors present at this time either in person or by telephone, as authorized by the Corporate Bylaws were: Mr. Lewis Furr, Mrs. LaVonne Furr, Mrs. Elizabeth Carto and Dr. Martin A. Larson. Absent were Mr. Bruce Holman and Mr. Victor Marshall. This being a quorum, the meeting was declared in session.
The Secretary, Mrs. Furr, read the minutes of the last regular meeting of March 6, 1979 which were approved unanimously.
The Vice Chairman, Mr. Furr, noted that the meeting was being called to implement the Resolution passed at that meeting concerning the establishment of a quarterly scholarly journal of history. Mr. Furr placed the following Resolution before the Board:
Resolved that the Corporation establish an educational arm or subsidiary to be called INSTITUTE FOR HISTORICAL REVIEW, and for the purpose of organizing, disseminating, distributing and selling educational materials to the general public concerning historical facts, in particular, facts relating to the security of the rights and priviledges guaranteed to all Americans by the Constitution of the United States of America, in line with the general purposes of the Corporation. The INSTITUTE FOR HISTORICAL REVIEW shall have the powers necessary to conduct its business, to hold and dispose of property and may open one or more bank accounts for these ends.
The Resolution was seconded by Dr. Larson and unanimously approved.
There being no other business, the meeting was declared adjourned at 10:23 A.M.
[signed] LaVonne D. Furr
[signed] Lewis R. Furr
[signed] Elisabeth Carto